BCCC CULTURE OF ASSESSMENT VISION
Through a college-wide culture of assessment, Baltimore City Community College provides a quality education for all who enter our doors. Assessment is by nature a goal-driven, evidence-based, and improvement-oriented process that involves all stakeholders working collaboratively. This ongoing process promotes excel-lence in teaching and learning by assessing all elements of the educational process. Our culture of assessment provides institutional resources, training, and support. Continual assessment is an integral component of BCCC’s commit-ment to excellence as an institution of higher education.
Upcoming Due Dates
All Course syllabi should be entered into Xitracs by January 31st
Call for Papers
Due March 28th for Paradigm
The journal will publish articles that present new and innovative approaches and practices to educational effectiveness. Paradigm will publish three types of articles: long articles that make major pedagogical contributions, shorter articles that make major empirical contributions, and brief review articles that target rapidly rising trends or new topics in educational effectiveness. This is an opportunity for faculty to share their best practices in the classroom.
Upcoming Assessment Conferences (link)
- AACSB Assessment Conference: Quality Through Effective Curricula Management, New Orleans LA, March 17 - 19, 2014
- AAC&U General Education and Assessment: Disruptions, Innovations, and Opportunities, Portland OR, February 27 - March 1, 2014
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR) Forum 2014, Connecting Student Learning Outcomes to Teaching Assessment, Curriculum, Milwaukee WI, June 9 - 13, 2014
- Assessment Conference 2014
Myths & Movements:
Re-imaging Higher Education Assessment, Drexel University, September 10 – 12
- Assessment Institute, Indianapolis IN, October 19 - 21, 2014