GED Testing Guidelines
- Individuals eligible to take the GED Tests must meet all of the following conditions:
- Is 17 years of age or older (Testers under the age of 19 must complete a GED Office School Withdrawal Form)
- Does not have a high school diploma or GED credential
- Is a resident of the state of Maryland
Registration for the GED Test
GED Testing is offered through the Pearson VUE Company
Please visit the websites indicated below for information about the GED exam, to schedule appointments and testing tips:
- Students must create an account and schedule appointments with GED testing services by visiting the GED website at https://ged.com/
- All GED payment of fees and rescheduling is handled through Pearson VUE. http://vue.com
On the day of the exam please adhere to the following:
- Students must arrive at the testing location 15 minutes prior to your testing time.
- Students arriving after the designated testing time must reschedule.
- Items permitted in the testing room:
- Note board/Booklet (provided by the proctor)
- Approved calculators
- All other items including personal belongings and cell phones must be placed in the designated locker area.
- No outerwear of any kind
- No hats or other head coverings
- No electronic devices
- No writing utensils
- No reference materials or paper of any kind
- No food, beverages, or tobacco products
- Students must show proper identification to be admitted for testing
- (please review the GED website for approved identification requirements)
- Cell phones and any other electronic devices are prohibited in the testing room
Preparation for the GED Test
- BCCC offers GED exam preparation classes through our Continuing Education Department, http://www.bccc.edu/Page/431 (BCCC ABE/GED link)
- GED Ready is the official GED practice test.