Health Information Technology Program Outcomes
Students are expected to learn the following within the Health Information Technology program:
Health Data Management
• Collect, maintain, and analyze health data.
• Apply healthcare information requirements and standards to the organization and accuracy of data.
• Use, maintain, and validate clinical classification systems.
Health Statistics, Biomedical Research, and Quality Management
• Collect, maintain, and report healthcare for research and quality management.
Health Services Organization and Delivery
• Apply laws and standards related to health information initiatives from various levels and from healthcare providers.
• Adhere to healthcare privacy, confidentiality, and ethical standards.
Information Technology and Systems
• Use technology, including hardware and software, to ensure data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting of information.
• Maintain data security.
• Use tools and techniques to monitor, report, and improve human resources.
• Manage and monitor financial and material resources.