Additional Information for Respiratory Care Program
Respiratory Care Program: GeneralAdministrative Information
We do hope that you decide to join ourProgram. We also desire that all whoenter successfully complete the Program. We thus wish to share with you some information before you decide.
- The Program’s instructors will assume sixty percent (60%) of the responsibility for your successfully completing the Program
- The Program has arranged the times it offers its courses and its faculty’s Office Hours to help assure that its students have convenient access to their instructors
- Each student (you) must assume forty percent (40%) of the responsibility for successfully completing the Program
- The student’s forty percent (40%) of the responsibility for successfully completing the Program will require each student to have sufficient time available to spend, on average, one and one-half to two (1 1/2 – 2 hours) outside the classroom in preparation, study, and review for each hour you spend inside the classroom
- The Program does require both Attendance and Punctuality for all classes and clinical rotations
- A student’s unexcused Absence and/or Lateness does affect her/his grade.
- Currently the Program offers all courses only within the Monday – Friday Daytime framework
- Didactic and Laboratory Courses: 0800 – 1650 (8:00 am - 4:50 pm)
- Clinical Rotations: 0630 – 1530 (6:30 am – 3:30 pm)
- The Program offers one (1) Index for all didactic courses and two (2) Indices for all Laboratory courses. This somewhat limits the student’s flexibility for class scheduling
- We have listed below the Fall schedule for First Year students as an example.
· Mondayand Tuesday: 0800 – 0920 (RC 113)
1000 – 1050 (RC 111)
1100 – 1200 – OfficeHours for both Full-time faculty
· Either Monday 1200 – 1320 and Tuesday 1400 – 1520 (RC 112)
or Monday 1400 – 1520 and Tuesday 1200 –1320 (RC 112)
· Wednesday: 0800 – 0950 (RC 115)
1000– 1100 – Office Hours for both Full-time faculty
· Thursdayand Friday: 0700 – 1500 = RC 115L (ClinicalRotation)