(1) Provides official high school transcripts indicating attendance at a public or nonpublic high school in Maryland for at least 3 academic years not earlier than the 2005-2006 school year;
(2) Graduated from a public or nonpublic high school in Maryland or receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma from the State not earlier than the 2007-2008 school year (official transcript indicating date of graduation is required);
(3) Enrolls in the college within four years after graduating from a public or nonpublic secondary school in the State or receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma in the State;
(4) Provides documentation that the individual, or the individual’s parent or legal guardian has filed a Maryland income tax return, visit the Comptroller of Maryland website to request a certified copy of taxes: http://forms.marylandtaxes.com/12_forms/129.pdf
a. annually for the 3 years that coincide with the individual’s attendance at a public or nonpublic secondary school in the State (home schooled students are subject to this requirement in the same manner);
b. annually each year between secondary school attendance and enrolling at the college, and
c. annually while attending a community college;
(5) Provides an affidavit stating that the individual will file an application to become a permanent resident within 30 days after the individual becomes eligible to do so;
PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTING THIS EXEMPTION FROM NONRESIDENT TUITION
Once you are determined to be eligible for the exemption, you will continue to receive it as long as you fulfill the eligibility requirements or until the college no longer offers this exemption. The exemption permits undocumented individuals to pay the in-state tuition rate based on the location of your high school. If you have received a GED, the tuition rate would be based on where you most recently attended high school. To determine eligibility students must complete and submit the BCCC DREAM ACT Student Affidavit to the Admissions Office.
Applying for the exemption does not alter your responsibility to pay by the college deadline any nonresident tuition and associated fees that may be due before your eligibility is determined. For BCCC specific instructions regarding documentation and deadline dates, contact the Admissions Office, 2901 Liberty Heights Avenue, Main Bldg room 02.