Students are expected to learn the following within the Music Option of the Arts and Sciences Transfer program:
1. Music Theory
2. Music Performance
- Explain various musical genres and stylistic periods.
- Analyze the usage of elements of music in aural examples representing traditions from various style periods and world cultures.
- Determine factors that influence musicians in specific historical eras and places.
3. Musical Appreciation
- Use standard musical notation symbols.
- Play with expression and technical accuracy a stylistically varied repertoire of instrumental literature.
- Sing with expression and technical accuracy a stylistically varied repertoire of vocal literature.