Students are expected to learn the following within the Science Option in the Arts and Sciences Transfer program:
1. Developing Scientific Literacy and Understanding
2. Developing Scientific Reasoning
- Use scientific vocabulary in chemistry, biology, and physics.
- Analyze the relationship between structure and function in chemistry, biology, and physics.
3. Developing Scientific Problem Solving
- Employ scientific methods in the development of research in chemistry, biology, and physics.
- Critically analyze/use the data obtained from the scientific methods of inquiry in chemistry, biology, and physics.
4. Developing Scientific Research Skills
- Solve chemistry problems.
- Determine the past or future state of a system using physical principles.
- Apply knowledge of biological principles to organisms and their relationship to their environment.
- Access and search scientific databases.
- Analyze scientific materials for relevance and accuracy.
- Summarize and communicate scientific information in the appropriate format.
- Create and interpret graphical representations of scientific data.