Dental Hygiene Program - Employer Survey
Page 1 of 1
BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE Dental Hygiene
The following survey is used to assess the quality of our graduates. We have surveyed the graduates and are now surveying the employers. We feel very strongly that we must have honest feedback in order to improve our program and thus the quality of our graduates. We solicit your comments in both areas of strengths and weaknesses. Please distribute this form to the most appropriate person to provide us with the needed information. ALL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. Thank you for your time.
Name of Employer
Employer Telephone and Fax numbers
Name and Title of Person Completing Survey
Number of BCCC Graduates Hired
A. Please describe the practice setting:
Number of Dentist
B. What do you feel was the overall preparation of the graduate(s)?
The graduate(s) needed considerably more preparation than the program provided.
The graduate(s) needed more preparation than the program provided.
The amount of preparation was just about right.
The graduate(s) were overly prepared for the expectations of the dental hygienist in our practice setting.
C. After an adequate office orientation, the following are behaviors that we feel a graduate of our program should have when working in a clinical setting.
1. Flexibility in carrying out their job(s)
3. Critical thinking
4. Infection Control/Safety issues
5. Data Collection & Accurate Documentation
6. Assessment of Patient needs
7. DH Treatment planning, implementation & evaluation
8. DH Diagnosis/Re-evaluation
9. Effective Interpersonal Skills
10. Accepting constructive criticism
11. Effective communication skills with staff/patient
12. Effective time management
13. Effective oral & written patient progress note(s)
14. Ability to learn new procedures/technologies
15. Organizational skills
16. Professional behavior
17. Dental Hygiene Theory
18. Dental Hygiene Clinical Competency
(a) Instrumentation & Root Planing
(b) Radiographic Procedures
19. Professional Growth & Development
D. Please state the number of dental hygienists employed in your office.
E. In the future, would you hire another BCCC Dental Hygiene Program graduate?
Thank you again for your time in completing this survey.