Welcome to the CAA
Tutoring is offered free of charge to all Baltimore City Community College students across the main subject areas of all levels of writing, math, science, business, accounting, technology, and computer-aided drafting and design.
Services are provided on the Liberty campus in the Main Building (MNB) and in the Life Sciences Building (LSB). Staff is available to answer your questions in Main Building, Room 117.
The Center for Academic Achievement will enable students to become successful and independent learners through excellent service, challenging and responsive academic support programs, and a diversity of tutorial services.
The Center for Academic Achievement (CAA) is an academic support service providing BCCC students with a diversity of tutoring services to assist them in attaining the course-specific knowledge and developing the learning strategies necessary for them to become independent, engaged learners and achieve their academic goals. The CAA fulfills this mission by providing students with premier learning facilities that are consistently perceived as adequately equipped, well-maintained and attractive, welcoming, and staffed by knowledgeable peer and professional Instruction Tutors trained in the Prescriptive Tutoring model.
What can you expect from tutoring?
- Professional and peer tutors who can act as coaches to facilitate your learning
- Guidance in identifying issues with assignments, skills, and learning styles
- Explanations for areas of confusion in the subject matter
- Support for developing independence as a learner
What are your responsibilities for tutoring?
- Preparation for the tutoring session
- A positive attitude
- An understanding that the work is your responsibility, not the tutor's
- Independent effort to complete the work
What tutoring cannot provide
- A tutor who will do or complete the work for you
- Help with every question and homework assignment
- A perfected final product
- A guaranteed grade
Tips for students
- You will need to be referred by an instructor.
- You will need to schedule an appointment to receive tutoring.
- Try to prepare your questions and homework assignments in advance.
- Bring your textbooks, class notes and assignments to your tutoring session.
- We understand that schedules are subject to change and cancellations do happen.
- Remember to call the tutoring center if you have to cancel or will be late for your appointment.
- (Please See our No-Show and Cancellation Policy under "Student Resources")
Writing and Reading Center
Main Building, Room 121
Mathematics Learning Center
Developmental Math- Main Building, Room 104
Mathematics for Credit- Main Building, Room 102
Science Resource Learning Center
Main Building, Room 117-H
Business, Accounting, and Technology Lab
Main Building, Room 320
Main Building, Room 053