In addition, students:
- Must complete an American Heart Association or American Red Cross Health Care Provider CPR course. A copy of both sides of the card must be provided on the first day of class.
- Are required to carry health insurance as long as they are in the program or sign a medical waiver accepting responsibility for their own health and safety in the classrooms and clinical areas to which they are assigned.
- Must show proof of current health status by physical exam less than a year old (form may be obtained through the Health and Wellness Center).
- Have up-to-date immunization/titres:
- The Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) must be done annually
- Rubella, Rubeola and Mumps titre and immunization, if necessary
- Varicella (chicken pox) titre and immunization, if necessary
- Hepatitis B screening, vaccine if necessary, or written waiver
- Seasonal flu and other immunizations may be required by the assigned clinical health care facility.
- Are required to have a criminal background check and a drug screen at their own expense. Information on how to obtain a criminal background check will be provided. Criminal background check is required by the clinical placement site.
- Must maintain a minimum of “C” in each course to progress through the course and semester sequence.
• Will incur expenses for books, tuition, etc.
• Are responsible for their own transportation to and from clinical practicums.
Student should consult the Office of Admissions, Recruitment and Orientation for detailed information about the special academic, insurance, and medical requirements for admission to, and continued enrollment in this program.