Students are expected to learn the following within the Construction Supervision program:
1. Blueprint Skills
- Read blueprints and use this knowledge in quantity take off and construction materials and methods.
3. Job Site Management
- Use knowledge of construction contracts and documents necessary to serve as line supervisors on the construction site.
- Develop and use knowledge of construction schedules to execute construction projects.
- Direct and manage productivity on a construction job site.
- Use knowledge of relevant safety rules to manage employees to perform construction tasks safely.
- Manage job performances on the job site based upon knowledge of construction methods.
- Use leadership and supervisory abilities in both soft skills and technical skills in the supervision of subcontractors and employees on the job site.
- Project construction costs based upon material quantities and cost estimates.
- Select project materials appropriately based upon knowledge of available construction materials and their properties.