The BCCC ET Scholars Scholarship Program is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) through its Scholarship in Science, Technology,Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) program. The primary goal is to increase the number of under-represented students, especially African-Americans in three areas:
- earning associate degrees in engineering/technology (ET)
- transferring to four-year universities in ET majors
- securing ET-related internships and job opportunities
Each ET Scholar is awarded up to $4,150 per year.
The targeted majors include:
- Engineering Transfer
- Computer Information Systems (CIS Degree Program)
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD)
- Robotics Technology.
- Other Engineering/Technology Majors (except medicine and clinical fields)