Tutoring Services: Better can happen to everybody!
Do You Like Helping Others? Become a Peer Tutor.
The Center for Academic Achievement (CAA) is looking for students who want to work as a tutor. Students interested in becoming a tutor need to attend a 30-minute information session.
Top 5 Reasons to Become a Tutor
- Solidify your subject knowledge for future courses
- Develop your communication skills
- Develop your leadership skills
- Earn money
- Prepare for future employment
Please click the link below for information on becoming a CAA tutor.
- Be an enrolled student with at least a 3.0 GPA overall.
- Have a recorded grade of “A” in the course(s) you wish to tutor.
- Attend an information session about becoming a CAA tutor.
- Enroll in the CAA Academy for tutor training the first semester you tutor for the CAA. Training is available during the summer, fall and spring semesters.
- Speak and write fluently in English.
Ongoing Tutor TrainingStudents selected to work as tutors will be enrolled in the CAA Academy for tutor training before the first semester they work as a tutor. All tutors receive both initial and ongoing training in tutor theory and practice, in addition to their training on College and departmental policies. All of our tutors participate in this training to remain current in best practices and to ensure that students receive the highest quality support possible.The goal of the CAA is to provide tutors to promote students’ overall learning. Through tutoring assistance, students can become better students and with guidelines, tutors can become better tutors.Questions? Contact Juanita Wingo, Director of the Center for Academic Achievement:410-462-7759 * email@example.com.
“They are literally amazing.” “Tutor’s Customer Service is outstanding!”