Coding Specialist Program Outcomes
Students are expected to learn the following within the Certificate Specialist Track:Health Data Management
- Collect, maintain, and analyze health data.
- Apply healthcare information requirements and standards to the organization and accuracy of data.
- Use, maintain, and validate clinical classification systems.
- Collect, maintain, and report healthcare for research and quality management.
- Apply laws and standards related to health information initiatives from various levels and from healthcare providers.
- Adhere to healthcare privacy, confidentiality, and ethical standards.
- Use technology, including hardware and software, to ensure data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting of information.
- Maintain data security.
- Use tools and techniques to monitor, report, and improve human resources.
- Manage and monitor financial and material resources.