Historical, Cultural, and Social Context
- Describe the relationship
between the historical, cultural, and social contexts of the arts and the works
of artists in societies past and present.
- Analyze the roles and
functions of the visual arts in expressing ideas, events, and universal themes
within and among cultural groups.
- Explain and demonstrate how art reflects and influences beliefs, customs, and values of a society.
Principles of Design
- Classify artworks based
on selected factors, such as subject matter, style, and technique.
- Describe, analyze,
interpret, and evaluate principles of design in artistic works.
- Create visual images or
forms from observation, memory, and imagination to convey ideas and personal
meaning with attention to point of view, detail, and spatial relationships.
- Demonstrate ways the principles of design are manipulated to communicate ideas.
Creative Expression and Production
- Plan personal artworks
inspired by universal themes.
- Select and use the
appropriate tools, materials, processes, and techniques to produce creative
- Explain reasons for selecting specific design concepts to convey meaning in planning personal artworks.
- Analyze artwork using
- Construct and apply different sets of criteria, as appropriate, in making judgments about artwork.
- Describe the relationship between the historical, cultural, and social contexts of the arts and the works of artists in societies past and present.