Arts and Science Transfer - Music Concentration - Program Outcomes
- Explain various musical genres and stylistic periods.
- Analyze the usage of elements of music in aural examples representing traditions from various style periods and world cultures.
- Determine factors that influence musicians in specific historical eras and places.
- Use standard musical notation symbols.
- Play with expression and technical accuracy a stylistically varied repertoire of instrumental literature.
- Sing with expression and technical accuracy a stylistically varied repertoire of vocal literature.
- Formulate, apply, and communicate criteria for evaluating personal performances and the performances of others.
- Describe how musical expression reflects individual, social, political, and ethical issues.
- Compare and explain value of music, functions of music, roles of musicians, and conditions under which music is performed in various world cultures.