Construction Supervision Certificate
BCCC’s Construction Supervision certificate is oriented towards workers who wish to sharpen their existing skills or move up to supervisor, or the small business owner who wishes to brush up in a specific construction area (s).
Graduates in the certificate are employed in the construction industry to assist in safety managements, Blueprint reading and perform such skills as schedule supervision.
Career Options and Occupation Outlook
Construction Supervision certificate holders find gainful employment in the construction industry and many of who return to their previous positions to assume higher responsibilities.
Additional data on employment projection can be found from:
Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation at http://www.dllr.state.md.us/lmi/iandoproj/occgroup47.shtml.
Individuals employed in the construction field require varieties of skills, most especially:
- Ability to read and interpret
- Ability to calculate construction
- Excellent critical thinking skills to
perform construction assessments and management.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and control construction workers and other stakeholders on a construction field.
- Ability to read and interpret Blueprints.