Baltimore City Community College
Pre-Admission Fact Sheet
What are the requirements for the Paramedic and Paramedic Bridge Certificates?
A. Pre-Program Entry Requirements:
- Students must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of class
- Complete the College’s ACCUPLACER entrance exam and receive a placement recommendation of MAT 92 or higher and exempt from developmental reading.
- PRE 100 Preparation for Academic Achievement
- General Biology Placement Exam – To test out, a student must score a minimum of 70% on the test: only two attempts are allowed. Failure to pass the test-out exam will require the student to register into either of the two General Biology courses, Bio 101 or Bio 102
- BIO 107 Anatomy & Physiology - If completed successfully BIO 202/BIO 203 will substitute for BIO 107.Must complete BIO 107 or BIO 202/BIO 203 with a “C” or better. Sciences must be completed within 5 years of entry into the program.
- Current AHA CPR Provider (Basic Life Support)
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedic Certificate) or
- Licensed Cardiac Rescue Technician (Paramedic Bridge Certificate)
- Complete the Computer Literacy Requirement
Note: Effective in the Fall 2016, Paramedic Bridge applicants will be required to take a Cardiac Rescue Technician exam.
B. Application Process
Program applications are available online (www.bccc.edu
). The deadline for applications submitted via canvas for any semester is 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
C. Selection Process: Total possible score 15
1. Baltimore City resident Yes _____ (1) No _____ (0)
2. ACCUPLACER results:
a. Developmental reading not required or completed (1)
b. Developmental mathematics not required or completed (1)
3. PRE 100 completed with a “C” or better
4. BIO 107 completed with a “C” or better
(point value 7-10: GPA: 4.0 = 10, 3.9-3.0 = 9, 2.9-2.5 = 8, 2.4-2.0 = 7)
5. Previous College Education
a. College level credits earned - 31 or more credits (2)
b. College level credits earned - 9-30 credits (1)
Note: Students must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher in all Paramedic certificate courses.
What are the requirements for the AAS in Paramedicine Degree?
- Completion of either the Paramedic or Paramedic Bridge Certificate
- ENG 101: English Composition
- SP 101: Fundamentals to Speech Communication
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- Mathematics Elective – Any college level math course
- Any 2 additional General Education courses of the student’s choosing
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher for all Paramedicine courses.
- Note: Paramedic students are exempt from HLF physical education courses.
Please contact Brittany Henderson of the Admissions office at 410-462-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.