BCCC’s Biology Placement ExaminationBaltimore City Community College students applying for admission into programs in the School of Nursing and Health Professions only may be exempt from General Biology (BIO 101) by taking the Biology placement examination. The exam will be administered in the Test Center, Main Building, Room 4B during the published testing hours.
To schedule an appointment for the General Biology examination, please visit www.bccc.edu/testcenter. Instructions on how to schedule your exam can be obtained from the "How to register" tab once you click on the link above. Confirmation of your scheduled test date and time will be emailed from Prepblast.
Exam Day Requirements for Students
- A valid photo identification card, including your printed name and signature is required for testing. The name on the photo ID card must be an exact match to the name used when registering for the test.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled test time. Late arrivals will be rescheduled.
- Bring your student inquiry and Prepblast confirmation.
- A Scantron will be required for testing.
The items indicated below are NOT permitted in the test room.
Cell phones and other personal items must be placed in the area designated by the Test Center staff.
- No outwear of any kind
- No hats or other head coverings
- No electronic devices
- No reference materials or paper of any kind
- No food, beverages, or tobacco products
The results from the test will be posted to your student record.
A score of 70 or better is required for exemption from the General Biology (BIO 101) course.I have read and understand the information listed above and I am now ready to register for the Biology Placement Exam, click here.
Students who do not meet the required score are permitted to retest once prior to enrolling