Role of the Title IX Committee
The Title IX Committee assists the Title IX Coordinator with respect to the college’s Title IX compliance efforts and provides the college with advice on promoting a campus culture of respect and responsibility and in identifying and deploying effective measures to prevent and address sexual misconduct.
Role of the Title IX Coordinator
The Title IX Officer/Coordinator refers to the individual designated by the President of Baltimore City Community College to:
- Oversee the college’s response to sexual misconduct reports, allegations, and complaints, and identify, and address any patterns or systemic problems revealed by such reports, allegations, and complaints.
- Conduct and oversee sexual misconduct investigations.
- Oversee, review content, and in collaboration with other BCCC offices, conduct training for students, faculty, and staff on sexual misconduct topics/issues.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for responding to complaints of sexual misconduct against faculty, staff, and students.
- Work with local law enforcement to ensure coordinated responses to sexual misconduct cases.
Role of the Title IX InvestigatorsTitle IX investigators investigate alleged cases of sexual assault, sexual harassment, and gender-based sexual misconduct. The Title IX Investigators conduct a prompt and thorough investigation, which includes: identifying and interviewing the complainant, respondent, and potential witnesses, gathering and securing relevant documentation, and identifying other information that would be helpful to the investigation. The investigator acts as a neutral party in the investigation and provides a detailed, unbiased report to the Title IX Coordinator regarding the findings of the investigation.
Title IX Committee
, Director of Judicial Affairs and Title IX (Student Affairs)
Dr. Lesley Brown
, Title IX Investigator (Academics)
, Title IX Investigator (Athletics)
, Title IX Investigator
(BCED) Office: 410-986-5449
Sergeant John McCoy
, Title IX Investigator (Public Safety)