Register now for summer classes!Community ESL classes help students with limited language proficiency or low literacy skills develop their English proficiency, life skills, and career readiness. Classes provide instruction and practice in conversation, grammar, listening, reading, and writing in the context of both life and work skills. Community site classes are a result of partnerships with agencies throughout Baltimore City. The program serves immigrants and refugees. The Community ESL program provides the highest quality of instruction, consistently performing above the state average for successful academic completion of ESL programs in the state of Maryland.
The Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) provides grant funding for the program. All Community ESL classes are FREE for students.
Class Locations (Baltimore City)
- Armistead Gardens School (5001 E. Eager St.)
- BCCC-Harbor Site (710 E. Lombard St.)
- BCCC- Reisterstown Plaza Center (6764A Reisterstown Rd.)
- Enoch Pratt Free Library-Patterson Park Branch (158 N. Linwood Ave.)
- Esperanza Center (430 S. Broadway St.)
- Greenmount Senior Center (425 E. Federal St.)
- Hampstead Hill Academy (500 S. Linwood Ave.)
- Living Classrooms at Patterson Park Youth Sports and Education Center (200 S. Linwood Ave.)
- John Rurah Elementary School (701 Rappolla St.)
- Southeast Early Head Start at Kennedy Krieger Family Center (100 N. Chester St.)
- St. Vincent de Paul Head Start Southeast at Our Lady of Fatima (6400 E. Pratt St.)
- UA House at Fayette (1100 E. Fayette St.) new site!
Registration/ Para inscribirse
Community ESL Flyers
- Must be at least 17 or older
- Call 410-986-5430 to make a testing and registration appointment
- You do not need to bring anything for testing and registration
Comunidad ESL Flyers en Español
Please call 410-986-5430 for more information./ Para más información favor de llamar 410-986-5430.BCCC-Harbor Site710 E. Lombard St.Baltimore, MD 21202