3rd Party Billing

The financial guarantee sponsorship agreements must be typed on the sponsor's letterhead or submitted as a purchase order, tuition assistance form, or voucher addressed to Student Accounting. Please include the following information:

  • Current date
  • Student's full name, the last 4 of the student ID, and the specific courses and/or semester covered. (Please note that any amendments to the tuition payment authorizations must be typewritten.) 
  • An explanation of the charges the sponsor will be paying: for example, tuition, student fees, book charges, parking, and/or other fees. 
  • Notification of whether the sponsor will pay tuition penalties for dropped courses or penalties assessed due to late payments. 
  • A notation of the maximum U.S. dollar amount BCCC is allowed to bill the sponsor. 
  • The name and signature of the sponsoring official authorizing billing (payments), along with contact information (phone, fax, e-mail, and address).

Payments must be unconditionally guaranteed and made within 30 days of billing. Payments are to be made directly to BCCC in U.S. dollars backed by a U.S. bank. Bank handling charges must be included in addition to the billed amount if applicable. A sponsor with a past due balance may have its billing privileges terminated.

 Note: Students should be aware that they are responsible for any defaults in payments by the sponsoring agency. Students can receive an individual Schedule and Invoice and must provide their third-party authorization to Student Accounting by the semester's first day of class. Sponsor payments made directly to a student, or sponsor reimbursements to a student based on grades, are not considered third party. Students are responsible for notifying Student Accounting of any class schedule changes. Further questions should also be referred to Student Accounting. Make sure Human Resources faxed your Tuition Remission form or Waiver over to the Student Accounting Office on the day of registration. The Student Accounting Office fax number is (410) 462-7477.