Assessment Resources - Maintaining to Institutional Vitality
Training Resources & Supplemental Materials
The Assessment Office is applying Nuventive TracDat planning and outcomes assessment software to manage academic outcomes.
- TracDat has been configured to support Program Level outcomes, Course Level Outcomes, Mapping Program Goals to Program Outcomes, Mapping Courses to Program Level Outcomes, and Mapping Course Outcomes to Program outcomes.
- Programs and disciplines have been built into the TracDat
- Faculty users and permissions have been built into the TracDat
- Curriculum mapping have been built into the TracDat
Five-Year Program Outcomes Assessment Cycle
· Development of a program plan with the support of the Director of Curriculum and Assessment that includes the program mission and vision, program goals, program assessment measures and criteria for success, and a curriculum map and program student learning outcome assessment plan.
· The plan will include relevant recommendations and revisions from the previous Analysis and Reporting Phase.
· Alignment of course syllabi with the Faculty Assessment Team.
· Development of a data collection process with the Office of Institutional Research.
Program Curriculum Map and Program Outcome Assessment Plan submitted by the Program Coordinator and Faculty Assessment Team to the Dean, Associate Dean, CWAC, Director of Curriculum and Assessment, and VPAA.
· Implementation of student learning outcomes assessment across all courses in the program.
· Faculty members gather data at the course level.
· Results are provided to the Program Coordinator for on-going analysis.
Program Learning Outcomes Assessment Report submitted by the Program Coordinator and the Faculty Assessment Team to the Dean, Associate Dean, Director of Curriculum and Assessment, and VPAA
Analysis and Reporting
· Revisions and modifications to program mission, vision, goals, and outcomes are suggested based upon assessment data. (Revisions are incorporated into the year 1 planning cycle as the cycle repeats.)
· Results are presented to the Program Review and Evaluation Committee for evaluation.
Program Review and Evaluation Report submitted by the Program Coordinator and Department Dean, Associate Dean to PRE Committee, Vice President of Academic Affairs, President, and Board of Trustees
General Education Assessment Schedule
Information and Computer Literacy
Personal Development and Social Responsibility
Arts and Aesthetic Awareness
Deductive and Inferential Thinking
Oral and Written Communication