Tuition and Fees
Maintaining access to higher education is Baltimore City Community College's primary objective, along with offering academic programs of high quality to support career preparation and college transfer. Although fiscal considerations may require changes in tuition and fee rates, BCCC continues to strive to keep its tuition and fees affordable and remains one of Maryland's most affordable higher education institutions.
Tuition and Fees* Effective Fall Semester 2017*The College reserves the right to change tuition and fees, revise course content, cancel classes, or change instructor assignments without prior notice. Enrollment is not official until BCCC has a method of payment on file.
Full-time and Part-time Status
Full-time students take a minimum of 12 credits each semester (6 credits for Summer). Any student taking fewer credits is considered a part-time student.International Students
Students who enter the College with a student visa or non-immigrant visa are classified as Out-of-State regardless of the student’s age or length of time residing in Maryland, and are not eligible for the senior citizen tuition waiver.
Refundable Fees, Prior to the Start of Each Session
- Consolidated Fee per credit: $18
- Facilities Capital Fee per semester: $11
After 90 days, uncollected debts are sent to the State’s Central Collection Unit (CCU). Costs incurred in collecting delinquent accounts will be charged to the student. The collection fee is 17% of the unpaid balance plus any attorney and court costs. The College will not write off a student’s bankruptcy until the discharge has been approved by the State Attorney General’s Office.Senior Tuition Waiver
- Registration Fee: $26
- Commencement Participation Fee: $25
- All replacement ID’s and parking permits: $5
- Returned Check Fee: $25
- Transcript Fee: $5 per request
- Diploma replacement: $20
- Course Audit Fee: Same as tuition per credit hour
- Parking Fees:
- $25 - Semester full-time
- $15 - Semester part-time
- $15 - Summer (new students only)
- Testing Center Fees - Online scheduling fee is an additional $3
- BCCC Students:
- Proctoring Fee (TEAS, ParaPro, CLEP, etc.): $25
- Non-BCCC Students:
- Proctoring Fee (Accuplacer Remote, CLEP, ParaPro, etc.): $35
- Examinations for Students from Other Colleges, etc.): $35
- Academic Exams Fees
- BCCC Students:
- Credit by examination (Science, Nursing, & Writing courses): $35
- Credit by examination (All other courses): $25
- Non-BCCC Students:
- Credit by examination (Science, Nursing, & Writing courses): $45
- Credit by examination (All other courses): $35
- For Maryland residents age 60 and over, at time of registration
- Register for courses during Senior Registration period; see Academic Calendar through this link
- Student is responsible for paying the following:
- Credit courses - $20 administrative fee plus other mandatory fees per course
- Non-credit courses - $10 fee plus other mandatory fees per course
Non-financial aid refunds are processed at the end of the final add/drop period for each semester as dictated by the Academic Calendar. Refunds are based on the College’s Withdrawal and Refund Policies, found in the College Catalog. All refund checks are submitted through the State of Maryland. Students who have debts owed to the State of Maryland are subject to garnishment.
Financial aid refunds are processed by Heartland ECSI, a third party service provider. Students will receive an email from Heartland ECSI to select their preferred method of refund (i.e. direct deposit or paper check).The College does not endorse or recommend any particular banking institution.