Surgical Technology Program Admissions Process
Upon acceptance into Surgical Technology degree program students:
1.. Must complete an American Heart Association or American Red Cross Health Care Provider CPR course, a copy of both sides of the card must be provided on the first day of class.
2. Are required to carry health insurance as long as they are in the program.
3. Must maintain a minimum of “C” in each course to progress through the course and semester sequence.
4. Must show proof of current health status (by physical exam less than a year old (form may be obtained through the Health and Wellness Center).
5. Have up-to-date immunization/titres:
• The Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) must be done annually.
• Rubella, Rubeola and Mumps titre and immunization, if necessary.
• Varicella (chicken pox) titre and immunization, if necessary.
• Hepatitis B screening, vaccine if necessary, or written waiver.
6.. Are required to have a criminal background check and a drug screen per regulations of the clinical facility. Check with the Program Coordinator for specific information.
This program has a selective admission process. Prospective applicants should contact the Selective Admissions Counselor at the College’s Admissions, Recruitment and Orientation Office for detailed information on the special academic requirements that are required. Please see the Admission Specialist for the Health Sciences programs for additional information regarding essential abilities and/or functions required for the program.
In addition students:
1. Will incur expenses for books, tuition, clinical supplies, and uniforms.
2. Are responsible for their own transportation to and from clinical practicums.