In order to be considered for admission, all of the following prerequisites and qualifications must be completed before start of the Fall semester:
Applicants should have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher in all coursework leading up to applying to the program.
*Science Courses –“must be completed with a C” or better and taken within five years of entry.
Upon acceptance into Surgical Technology A.A.S. degree program students:
1. Must complete an American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR course, a copy of both sides of the card must be provided on the first day of class.
2. Are required to carry health insurance as long as they are in the program.
3. Must maintain a minimum of “C” in each course to progress through the course and semester sequence.
4. Must show proof of current health status (by physical exam less than a year old.)
5. Have up-to-date immunization/titres
6. Are required to have a criminal background check and a drug screen per regulations of the clinical facility. Check with the Program Coordinator for specific information.
Submission of an application does not guarantee your acceptance into the Surgical Technology Program!!!
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will receive an Associate’s Degree in Applied Sciences and will be eligible to sit for the Certification Exam, which is administered through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).