Spring Commencement 2019
Saturday, June 1
Ticket Pick Up at
Liberty Campus, Main Building Rooms 4B &4C
Wednesday, May 29 (Must have ID) 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Please read the following information in its entirety. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions. Only students who have met all requirements and have paid the Commencement Participation non-refundable fee of $25 by May 24, 2019, will be permitted to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
To receive your cap & gown all obligations must be paid in full, including the Commencement fee. Even if you are not participating in Commencement, all obligations must be paid in full in order to receive your diploma.
Cap & Gown Distribution
- Students who have completed all requirements successfully will receive a cap & gown.
- Spring 2019 Completers: ALL GRADES must be in before receiving a cap & gown.
- All Associate Degree Candidates will receive:
- Cap, gown, and hood
- Honor Chords (Red & Black chords)
- High Honors – Overall GPA of 3.75 and above
- Honors – Overall GPA 3.25 to 3.749
- All Certificate Candidates will receive:
- Cap, gown, and collar (women). Men are to wear collared shirts
NOTE: Students must see the coordinator of Phi Theta Kappa & Granville T. Woods to receive stoles
- Tickets are required for admission (No Exceptions). Please remember to give your tickets to your guest prior to your arrival at the Lyric.
- Children age 1 and older will need a ticket to enter the Lyric.
- Tickets will not be held by staff and must be picked up by you or your proxy.
- Each graduate will receive the same amount of tickets based on the total number of graduates.
Photos & Regalia
Professional photographers will be available to photograph you in your cap & gown during the Commencement. The cost of the photo package will be available at the Lyric. Grad Images Professional Photographers will capture the moment each graduate is presented a degree/certificate cover by the President and a member of the Board of Trustees.
Award-winning author and White House correspondent April Ryan will be the keynote speaker for Baltimore City Community College’s 70th commencement.
Ryan, a Baltimore native and Morgan State University graduate, is one of only three African Americans to have served on the prestigious White House Correspondents Association board. She is also an esteemed member of the National Press Club.
Ryan serves as a political analyst on television programs including “Hardball” with Chris Matthews, “The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer,” “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” and “Real Time with Bill Maher.”
Commencement, Diplomas, Student Caps & Gowns
Bookstore, Faculty Caps & Gown
BCCC General Information
The Modell Performing Arts Center the Lyric
Public Safety (In Case of an emergency ONLY)
Disability & Support Services
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Students and/or guests who need special accommodations should contact the campus Disability Support Services Center at 410-462-8585 or DSSC@bccc.edu within 14 working days prior to attending a scheduled event. Request for ASL interpreter may be made by emailing DSSC@bccc.edu at least four weeks prior to attending scheduled events.