The Baltimore City Community College Foundation advances the College’s mission by providing scholarships and other forms of financial support that enable BCCC students to fulfill their higher education career goals. The Foundation also supports philanthropic giving to the College in its role as an economic engine in Baltimore and as a vital part of the community.
Every gift advances BCCC’s mission to change lives and build communities.
Your Support Makes a Difference
Students, their families and the Baltimore corporate community depend on us to create an environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity and professional excellence. Thanks to your philanthropic goodwill, you help make it possible.
As Baltimore City’s only community college, we rely on public funds to meet the most basic needs of our students. We count on private contributions to improve delivery of relevant educational programming and provide additional financial support to students, an expense which is outside of the college’s budget.
Ways To Give
Baltimore City Community College Foundation donors can designate funds to areas of greatest interest to them. Unrestricted gifts allow the Foundation to direct funds to the highest priority needs of the College.
Ways to Give…
- Cash Donations are available for immediate use by our Foundation.
- Matching Gifts double the power of your personal giving. Check with your employer or other organizations with which you are affiliated as to whether they offer a matching gift program.
- Stocks & Bonds and mutual funds may enable donors to contribute a larger gift at less cost.
- Pledges provide a longer-term commitment over a designated period of time based on an agreed upon schedule.
- Planned Giving enables you to make significant contributions that might not be possible during your lifetime by including the Baltimore City Community College Foundation in your will.
- Life Insurance policies provide a wonderful legacy to the College.
- Retirement Savings can be directed to the College by naming the Foundation as a partial beneficiary.
- Gifts of Appreciated Real Estate can provide a charitable tax deduction and elimination of capital gains tax*.
- Stocks, Bonds and Mutual Funds may enable donors to contribute a larger gift at less cost.
*Contact your tax adviser, insurance professional or attorney to maximize the tax benefits of your gift.
For an annual commitment of as little as $500, an individual or organization may have a fund named for them.
With a gift of at least $10,000, donors can create a named, endowed scholarship fund to award to students based on donor selected criteria. These endowed funds exist in perpetuity.
Beyond the usefulness of your gift, you receive tax benefits for your donation. Your gift should be made on or before Dec. 31 of the year in which you wish to receive the charitable income tax deduction.
A corporation is permitted to make and deduct philanthropic investments of up to 10% of its taxable income. As with individuals, a corporation may carry over excess charitable contributions to the next five years.
For additional information, call the Baltimore City Community College Foundation at 410-462-7769.
Purpose and Mission
The Baltimore City Community College Foundation (BCCCF) is a private, non-profit 501 C-3 corporation formed in 1985 whose purpose is the promotion of the general welfare and educational mission of the Baltimore City Community College (BCCC). The Foundation is an entity wholly separate from BCCC, established privately to generate, receive, and maintain educational and support funds for BCCC.
The Baltimore City Community College Foundation advances the mission of the Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) by strengthening philanthropic giving to the College. The Foundation supports students with scholarships so they can build their careers, strengthening families and communities; the Foundation works to advance the College as a vital part of Baltimore City’s economy and community.