Digital Marketing Certificate
The Digital Marketing Certificate will provide a pathway for community college students to access a knowledge-economy job market with digital skills to obtain a job in digital marketing. Students will have the option to enrich their academic experience and marketing credentials by doing real-work projects using the same software they will use in the industry. This certificate meets the challenges of a changing competitive workforce and provides educational opportunities by supporting students’ personal and professional goals through training in digital skills and supporting businesses through marketing solutions that drive business growth.
- Marketing Associate
- Marketing Representative
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Analysts
- Media Specialist
- Social Media Specialist
- Sales and Marketing Representative
- Small class size
- Majority of graduates transfer to a bachelor’s degree program or find job placement
Learn more about the Digital Marketing Certificate, including course titles, credits and descriptions, at the BCCC Catalog web page.
Typical Job Description for a Digital Marketer
Graduates with a digital marketing certificate will be prepared for a variety of roles in this dynamic and rapidly evolving field of digital marketing. A digital marketing certificate will lay a foundation for a career teaching you the fundamental skills needed.
Typical position responsibilities:
- Creating and scheduling post
- Engaging with followers and analyzing performance metrics
- Writing blogs
- Planning, designing, and sending out e-mail campaigns to engage with subscribers
- Optimizing website content
- Monitoring search engine ranking
- Managing ad campaigns on platforms
- Monitoring and analyzing data to measure the performance of marketing efforts
- Developing and executing marketing strategies
- Identifying trends and understanding customer behavior.
- Updating clients on campaign processes, discussing strategies, and addressing concerns
- Analyzing website behavior to make improvements to increase conversions
- Monitoring online reviews
- Addressing customer feedback
- Keeping up to date with marketing tools, technologies, and industry best practices
- Segmenting audiences based on behavior, demographics.
- Monitoring social media channels
- Preparing promotional presentations and organizing promotional events
- Composing and posting online content for social media pages and websites
- Writing marketing literature for company brochures and press releases
Career Options and Occupation Outlook
The job outlook for digital marketing professionals is slightly better than the average profession. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job demand in the overall field of marketing should increase by 10% by 2026. According to the Online Marketing Institute, employers have the most need for qualified marketing analytics specialists, mobile marketing professionals, content marketing experts, and social media marketers. Most of the demand for marketing professionals is for internet and website marketing, search engine marketing, and social media marketing and engagement.
To gain employment as a digital marketer, you will need a combination of technical and analytical, and creative skills:
- The ability to execute business aligned marketing strategies
- Ability to create high-quality and engaging content
- Knowledge of search engine techniques
- Preparing and managing paid advertising platforms
- Maintaining content creation on various platforms
- Ability to create and maintain e-mail marketing for customer retention
- Proficiently analyze and interpret data and performance metrics.
- Techniques and knowledge of conversion rate optimization
- Automated marketing
- Create and manage advertising social media ad campaigns
- Ability to design graphic art
- The ability to manage data, track leads and implement marketing strategies.
- Analyze competitors’ strategies and identify trends and opportunities.
- Understanding data privacy laws and regulations
- Continuous learning
- Identify and communicate strategies and results to teams and stakeholders
- Multitask multiple projects