- All graduates must arrive by 8 a.m. and enter the Lyric from the Maryland Avenue Lower Level Backstage entrance.
- Bring your cap & gown (You may not participate in the Commencement Ceremony without a cap & gown).
- Line up with your academic program in alphabetical order. Assigned volunteers will assist in the lineup.
- The volunteers will give you an index card bearing your name, curriculum, and honor status. You will pass the card to a reader as you approach the stage.
- Staff will not be responsible for personal items. Please make arrangements with family or friends to secure personal items. Valuables, handbags or additional clothing should not be brought to the Lyric.
- A continental breakfast will be provided for graduates in the assembly area.
- Graduates must stay for the entire ceremony.
- The Commencement Ceremony is from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Diplomas will be mailed to students by June 30th.
- Guests will enter the entrance on West Mount Royal Avenue and will not be admitted into the Lyric until 9 a.m.
- Guests are not permitted in the backstage assembly area, where graduates line up.
- Guests are not to bring whistles and other loud noisemakers to the Lyric.
- Balloons are not permitted in the Lyric Auditorium (The balloons will be checked upon entry).
- During the procession and ceremony, all guests should remain in their seats to keep aisles clear.
- Once the procession has started, No one will be admitted into the Lyric until the procession is completed.
- Due to the importance of all people being able to see the stage and to maintain order, please do not come down to the aisle to take pictures.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Graduates will be standing from 8-10 a.m.
- No Gum chewing
- No Handbags
Diplomas (Spring 2019 candidates)
Student degrees and/or certificates will be mailed (no exceptions) to your mailing address on record by June 30th.
- Will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Students will not be placed in line after the procession begins; therefore, remember to be on time.
- Lower Lobby Area – Candidates for degree and certificates
- Upper-Level Lobby Area - Faculty & Staff (Look for the division/school flags)
- President’s Reception Area (3rd Floor Reception Hall) – Stage Guests
- Reminder: BE ON TIME (You & Guests)
- Give your guests TICKETS. They will not be permitted to enter the Lyric without them.
- The Lyric main area and stage must be vacated immediately following the ceremony. Students should make their way to the reception area to receive their diplomas immediately following the ceremony.
- Make arrangements with guests to hold all personal items (valuables, clothing, purses, etc. ).
Last Modified on March 5, 2020