Veterans Admissions/Enrollment

  • Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) welcomes the opportunity to serve our military affiliated students. Whether you are on active duty, in the Reserves or National Guard, a veteran or a family member of a veteran, the college is committed to your academic success. 

    To begin your journey at BCCC you must: 

    1. Complete an admission application.
    2. Submit the appropriate academic credentials to the Admissions Office:

    Your online application will be processed within two (2) business days.

    New Student 

    First time students are required to take an ACCUPLACER placement test.  The ACCUPLACER is given to measure your current level of reading comprehension, English, grammar, and math skills. The test is for placement purposes only, not for admission to the college.  For more information on the ACCUPLACER test visit  

    To complete your certification process for veteran educational benefits you must complete and submit a Veterans Enrollment Certification Form and provide the following documents: DD-214, and Certificate of Eligibility Letter from Veteran Administration for education benefits to the BCCC Veterans Affairs Office (VAO) by email 

    Transfer Student  

    A student who has earned previous college credits is considered a transfer student. To enroll you must submit an official copy of your transcript(s), ready for the Advisor to review. An official copy of all college transcripts sent to Baltimore City Community College Admission Office or email to  include your military transcripts.  

    All transfer students must complete VA Form 22-1995 (veteran) or VA Form 22-5495 (Dependent) and submit it with your Veterans Enrollment Certification Form to the BCCC Veterans Affairs Office by email 

    Student Enrollment Verification 

    Everyone receiving Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607 benefits must verify their enrollment each month with the VA Educational Regional Office to receive payment for that month. Your enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month by using the VA’s Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling 1-877-823-2378. Students must be enrolled in an approved educational program and must have a current benefit award to use WAVE. 


  • If you have questions, contact the Veterans Affairs Office at 410-462-8363 or


Last Modified on April 24, 2024