Psychology Program Outcomes
Students who complete the Associate of Arts Degree in Psychology program will have accomplished the following outcomes.
Develop knowledge of the Theory and Content of Psychology.
- Explain the major concepts and theoretical perspectives of psychology.
- Apply psychological principles to personal and social issues.
Develop knowledge of Research Methods in Psychology.
- Apply basic research methods in psychology.
- Use quantitative psychological data, such as graphs and statistics
Develop Critical Thinking Skills as related to the field of Psychology.
- Use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and mental processes.
Develop skills in Information and technological literacy.
- Use computers and other technology for many purposes, such as retrieval of information from other relevant databases.
Enhance their Communication Skills as it relates to the field of psychology.
- Apply effective communication techniques.
- Apply APA format to written work.
Develop awareness of Cultural Diversity as it relates to the field of psychology.
- Explain the complexity of socio-cultural and international diversity and how it influences our understanding of behavior.
Develop interpersonal and intrapersonal reflective skills.
- Reflect upon and describe their own and others’ behavior and mental process.
- Explain and apply principles of ethics and respect for individual, social, and cultural differences in psychology.