Business Management Learning Outcomes
Business Knowledge and Skills
- Use business terms and concepts when communicating.
- Analyze data to verify accuracy of conclusions.
- Explain the financial concepts used in making business decisions.
Interpersonal Interaction and Communication
- Use effective communication skills to promote respect, trust and relationships.
- Practice active listening to enhance the ability to get a clear understanding of difficult situations.
- Practice an awareness of ethical and social responsibilities to multi-cultural, team-oriented, rapidly changing environments.
- Information Management
- Utilize information by applying a variety of business and industry standard software and hardware to major business functions (e.g., marketing, accounting, and human resource management)
Business Management and Decision Making
- Select and use appropriate resources to collect business data that will ultimately translate into information for decision-making.
- Use the marketing information management concepts, systems, and tools needed to obtain, evaluate, and disseminate information for use in making marketing decisions.
- Conduct research to identify and analyze client needs and desires and make marketing recommendations regarding business decisions and use appropriate leadership skills and styles to maximize employee productivity.
- Practice critical and creative thinking to improve the decision making process.
- Conduct research to identify new business trends and customer needs.
- Use quantitative measurements to solve business problems related to payroll, taxes, percentages, future value of money and to be able to make better business decisions.