Supplemental International Student Application Documents

  • All applicants to the College must fill out the general BCCC Application. In addition, if you are applying to attend BCCC as an international student, please submit the documents described below:

    All international student applicants:

    1. Address Verification Form signed by you and your host in the USA
    2. Dependent (F-2) Request Form signed by you (if you have no dependents, please fill out the form and indicate “no dependents”)
    3. Financial Support Statement signed by you and your sponsor,
    4. Financial documents to support the Financial Support Statement or official affidavit from the sponsor. Please refer to the International Student Twelve Month Budget to find out more about financial documentation necessary for admission as an international student.
    5. Copy of your passport (biographical page only)
    6. Requested, but optional: secondary high school completion certificate
    7. Optional: An official translated transcript and supporting information from all secondary schools and universities. All university records must be evaluated by an accredited evaluation service.

    Suggested sources:

    World Education Services

    Educational Credential Evaluators


    If you are a transfer Student

    International students currently in the USA in F-1 student visa status, who plan to transfer to the Baltimore City Community College from another U.S. college or university need to submit the following:

    Once you are admitted, we will issue an acceptance letter. You will need to present this to your international student adviser at your current school, as well as any other requirements they may have in order to release your SEVIS record to BCCC. Make sure you find out from your international student adviser/DSO how to have your SEVIS record released to our college. Please note that F1 transfer student’s SEVIS record must be released to BCCC no later than 15 days prior to the start of the semester.

    If you plan to leave the USA prior to enrolling at BCCC, please indicate this when you submit your application.

    If your F-1 status will expire before you start classes at BCCC, you may be able to apply to USCIS for reinstatement to legal F-1 status, or you may have to travel back home and re-enter the U.S. to regain your status. You should consult with a qualified immigration attorney and your international student advisers at your previous school and at BCCC.

    If you are applying for a Change of Status:

    We recommend you first meet with a qualified immigration attorney, and then one of our international student advisors, before attempting to change your current nonimmigrant visa to F-1 student visa status. Your lawyer can help you complete the Form I-539, Application to Change Non-Immigrant Status, and assemble all supporting documentation. Before sending your I-539, you must include a Form I-20 from a school that admits you.