Admissions into the HIT program are based on the selective admission criteria, which means the student must complete the prerequisites before applying.
Prerequisites for admission into the Health Information Technology program include:
- All required developmental coursework (math, reading, and writing sequence) must be completed.
- Pre 100: Preparation for Academic Achievement.
- Completion of BIO 202, BIO 203, AH 130, AH 135, and AH 230.
- A grade of "C" or better must be achieved in all science courses. Science courses must be completed within five (5) years of starting the HIT program.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- All students must have completed all the prerequisites before admission into the program.
Application Availability and Deadline
Students are accepted into the Health Information Technology Program in the Fall semester only. Application is available from the first week of February every year and must be completed by the last Friday of April every year. Please click here (Insert Hyperlink for the form) for the Application form