What is the Business Administration Transfer Program?
The Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) Business Administration Transfer Program provides students opportunity to learn and master business-related skills. A well-rounded curriculum allows students to determine their specialized area of interest within the field of business administration. Graduates of the program qualify for transfer into the third year of a bachelor’s degree program. Students can also opt for career-focused programs in business marketing, which qualifies graduates for entrya-level marketing positions; or business management, which prepares students for management trainee positions in business, industry, government and non-profit organizations
What Careers Use These Skills?
A wide variety of professions are available to graduates of business programs, including positions in management, marketing, sales, operations, finance, banking and much more.
- General and operations managers with an associate’s degree start on a salary of $59,025 and earn a median income of $106,900.
- Sales managers who hold a bachelor’s degree have a starting salary of $64,200 and enjoy a median income of $107,325.
What Degree or Certificate Can I Earn?
Three options are available to students:
- Associate of Science Degree, Business Administration Transfer
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business, Business Marketing Option
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business, Business Management Option
The Business Administration Transfer Program is designed for students intending to transfer to four-year programs in areas such as accounting, advertising, banking and finance, economics, human resources management, marketing, management and real estate. Students interested in gaining immediate employment in a business-related field can choose either the business marketing or business management option.
What Courses Will I Take?
Always check with an advisor to determine what courses to take. All BCCC students must meet the College’s computer literacy requirement in order to receive a degree or certificate. All students are required to complete the PRE 100 course within the first six credits. PRE 100 is an academic achievement preparation course earning one credit.
What Will I Learn?
Students will learn to:
Business Administration Transfer
- Use the acquired knowledge in business to comprehend, innovate and solve problems.
- Utilize information and computer literacy to access current business knowledge.
- Employ a wide variety of business skills with precision and accuracy.
- Apply critical thinking strategies to solving business problems.
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Exhibit the attitude and ethical behavior expected of a business professional.
- Deliver value and satisfaction to customers by having the right product, at the right time, in the right place, and the right price to make it convenient for the exchange process to take place.
- Conduct market research and to use the information for fast, accurate decisions to get the competitive edge.
- How to actively listen, the most important communication skill.
- Practice and apply critical thinking, creative thinking, innovative techniques and brand management to promote customer relationships and long term success.
- Use cultural diversity, ethical and social responsibility to improve relationships with customers and the community at large.
- Create a plan to achieve success based on the organization’s vision, mission, goal and objective.
- Determine customer needs and how to deliver the value, benefits and satisfaction expected.
- Apply the different management styles to influence, inspire and motivate employees to achieve success.
- Match opportunities with entrepreneurial skills, competencies and knowledge to achieve success.
- Use cultural diversity to be more creative, innovative and imaginative in solving problems.
- Identify negative attitudes and create harmony in the work environment.