Business Marketing Program Learning Outcomes
Business Knowledge and Skills
- Use business terms and concepts when communicating.
- Analyze data to verify accuracy of conclusions.
- Explain the financial concepts used in making business decisions.
Interpersonal Interaction and Communication
- Use effective communication skills to promote respect, trust and relationships. Practice active listening to enhance the ability to get a clear understanding of difficult situations.
- Use technology and electronic media to keep current customers informed on changes and attract new customers.
Business Management and Decision Making
- Explain the distribution concepts and processes needed to move, store locate, and transfer ownership of goods or services.
- Use the marketing information management concepts, systems, and tools needed to obtain, evaluate, and disseminate information for use in making marketing decisions.
- Analyze client needs and desires and make marketing recommendations regarding business decisions.
- Practice critical and creative thinking to improve the decision making process.
- Conduct research to identify new business trends and customer needs.
- Use quantitative measurements to solve business problems related to payroll, taxes, percentages, future value of money and to be able to make better business decisions.