Registration Process

  • The registration process plays a significant role in the daily operation activities of DSSC. It enables the office to track student involvement in the program and to provide appropriate accommodations and services to students with disabilities.  Most students register with DSSC after being referred by a professor, a college staff member, a rehabilitation counselor, a high school counselor, and/or another student who is receiving services. The registration process is initiated when a student self-discloses his/her disability with DSSC or makes a request for accommodations and/or services offered by the office.

    7-Step process Powerpoint presentation

    During this time, all disability meetings, such as, DSSC intake, and accommodative services will be conducted via Zoom Meetings. 

    There are significant differences in how students obtain accommodations in college than in high school. Academic accommodations are not automatically put in place; students must be self-advocates and request services. Students who wish to obtain accommodations for their classes must follow DSSC procedures:

    1. To register with DSSC students must disclose having a disability and needing accommodations;
    2. Students must have a Disability Verification Form/supportive documentation completed by a qualified practitioner. Forms can found on our website and/or a copy can be forwarded to you electronically;
    3. Students will return completed forms to DSSC. The DSSC Staff reviews all information to certify eligibility. The student will be contacted if additional information is required;
    4. The student is contacted to schedule an Intake Meeting via email;
    5. The DSSC Staff conducts intake meeting and discuss reasonable accommodations. And Letter of Accommodations will be reviewed and completed;
    6. The student is required to meet with their professors outside of scheduled class to discuss the accommodations. Faculty signs the acknowledgement form that confirms they have received a copy of the accommodation letter;
    7. The student will return all completed accommodation documents including the faculty signature form to the DSSC OFFICE electronically at

    Pease note, you can contact DSSC at any time if you have questions or concerns about your accommodations by email at 410-462-8589 and/or by email at