Program Learning Outcomes
Transportation and Supply Chain Management Program Learning Outcomes
Learning objectives for the program have been adapted from the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals “…the learning objectives of the Transportation Management module (Learning Block 5) of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) SCPro Level 1 certification:
- Describe the basic concepts of transportation management and its essential role in demand fulfillment.
- Identify the key elements and processes in managing transportation operations and how they interact.
- Identify principles and strategies for establishing efficient, effective, and sustainable transportation operations.
- Explain the critical role of technology in managing transportation operations and product flows.
- Define the requirements and challenges of planning and moving goods between countries.
- Discuss how to assess the performance of transportation operations using standard metrics and frameworks.”
Adapted from: The Definitive Guide to Transportation, © 2014 by Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals