Citizenship Preparation Program
Spring 2019 classes and registration will begin on April 6! See schedule below (subject to change).
BCCC’s Citizenship Preparation program is the largest citizenship program in the state of Maryland. Multi-level Citizenship classes prepare students with the English-language skills and U.S. civics, history, and government knowledge needed to pass the federal naturalization exam. All Citizenship classes are FREE for students. Students may register at any class location listed below. Please contact us for more information.
Citizenship classes will help you:
- Prepare for the naturalization interview/exam.
- Learn important interviewing strategies
- Increase your confidence with the interview process
- Practice reading, writing, speaking, and listening in English.
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of becoming a United States citizen
How to Register:
- Must be Legal Permanent Resident (green card holder) and eligible to apply for naturalization
- Must bring green card and social security card to class to register
- Registration is ongoing at all sites – no prior registration necessary, walk-ins welcome!
- Select a class and register in class (see class schedule for locations and times) during the class time.
- Registration is free, however, several sites charge a nominal facility fee
- Registration for the spring session starts April 6-12th and ends May 21 (register at any class between those dates).
- If you miss the registration deadline, you can sign up in the next session. Classes run in four sessions a year, each 12 weeks:
Winter: January - March
Spring: April - June
Summer: July - September
Fall: October - December
Please note some classes take a summer break - check the website for update class schedules.