COVID19 UPDATE - All ESL classes have shifted to online/distance learning due to Maryland’s State of Emergency orders associated with the Coronavirus. Virtual testing and registrations are currently being administered. For more information, call 410-986-5430 or email ESL@bccc.edu, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.—5 p.m.Community ESL classes help students with limited language proficiency or low literacy skills develop their English proficiency, life skills, and career readiness. Classes provide instruction and practice in conversation, grammar, listening, reading, and writing in the context of both life and work skills. Community site classes are a result of partnerships with agencies throughout Baltimore City. The program serves immigrants and refugees. The Community ESL program provides the highest quality of instruction, consistently performing above the state average for successful academic completion of ESL programs in the state of Maryland.
The Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) provides grant funding for the program. All Community ESL classes are FREE for students.
Class Locations (Baltimore City)
- BCCC-Harbor Site (710 E. Lombard St.)
- BCCC- Reisterstown Plaza Center (6764A Reisterstown Rd.)
- Enoch Pratt Free Library-Patterson Park Branch (158 N. Linwood Ave.)
- Living Classrooms Foundation - Patterson Park Branch
- Patterson Park Public Charter School
- Southeast Early Head Start at Kennedy Krieger Family Center (100 N. Chester St.)
- St. Vincent de Paul Head Start Southeast at Our Lady of Fatima (6400 E. Pratt St.)