Baltimore City Community College has an open admissions policy. All high school graduates and holders of high school equivalency diplomas or certificates are eligible for admission. Adults not holding a high school diploma or equivalency GED diploma become eligible for degree and certificate programs after successfully completing 15 college-level credits. NOTE: Courses requiring English and/or mathematics prerequisites can not be taken until the prerequisites are completed. Applicants to degree or certificate programs must take the College's ACCUPLACER test before proceeding beyond 15 credits.
All new students, transfer and and returning students who have not been enrolled for the past two consecutive semesters must complete an Admissions Application.
5 Steps for Enrollment Success
1. Apply for Admissions (Application forms are available on each campus or online.)
3. Take the Placement Test4. Enroll
- Complete and submit a completed Maryland Residency form.
- Participate in New Student Orientation (in-person-or online
- Submit appropriate academic credentials to the Admissions Office:
- Official High School transcript (showing evidence of graduation) or
- GED Diploma (copy of scores) and/or
- Official College transcript (Overseas transcripts must be evaluated by one of the accredited evaluation services indicated below)
5. Prepare for Class
- Meet with your Faculty Advisor or Student Success Specialist.
- Register for Classes (in-person or on-line)
- Pay your Bill (In-person or online)