Maryland Residency Verification

  • How do I determine my residence status for instate tuition?
    The following statement reflects the College’s policy on residence as set by Baltimore City Community College in conformance with the Maryland Higher Education Commission General Regulations. All students are required to submit a BCCC Maryland Residency Form(Save the completed form to your device then email) 

    You may submit your completed Maryland Residency Verification with required documentation form by email:

Required Documentation

  • Students are required to sign a statement verifying their residency claims.The burden of proof of domicile is upon the student who provided the documentation which substantiates his/her claim.Examples of such documentation are given below:

    • Valid Maryland driver’s license with local address specified (proof of address change may be required)
    • Valid Motor vehicle registration showing the local state or county address
    • Valid mortgage statement or lease agreement showing ownership or rental of local living quarters (notarized letters of residency or mortgage statements for investment properties are unacceptable) 
    • Proof of payment of Maryland State or local income taxes (must present a certified copy, which you can order here or visit the Maryland Comptroller of the Treasury Office at 301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD. 
    • Registration to vote in the state of Maryland.
    • Proof graduation from a Maryland high school within the academic year of enrollment at the College.

    A foreign national admitted to the United States as a temporary student or on a non-immigrant visa may not be considered a resident.

    However, some undocumented non-immigrants may qualify for instate tuition under the Maryland Dream Act or the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), evidence of Immigration status must be submitted to the Admissions Office.

    Holders of the following visas do not qualify for instate tuition: B, C, D, F, H-2, H-3, J, M, O-2, P and Q.For information on other visa categories contact the Admissions Office, Liberty Campus, Student Affairs Building, Room MNB 02 or call 410-462-8300.

    Any international student whose residence status is unclear may contact the Admissions Office. Proof of legal United States Citizenship and Immigration Visa Status is required to receive instate tuition.

    However, some undocumented non-immigrants may qualify for instate tuition under the Maryland Dream Act.