All About Accuplacer
What is ACCUPLACER?
The Accuplacer is a computer-adaptive assessment designed to evaluate students’ skills in English and Mathematics.
What is the purpose of Accuplacer?
Accuplacer provides essential information about your skill levels in writing and mathematics. Your score is used to determine placement in courses that align with your skills, needs, and knowledge. After testing, you will discuss your results with your advisor and build your course schedule. Appropriate placement in courses is the first step to your success at Baltimore City Community College.
Important Test Day Information:
You do NOT need an appointment. However, we will stop accepting students two hours prior to our posted closing time.
An original, unexpired, valid, picture ID is required!
Acceptable ID Examples:
- Government-issued driver's license or permit
- Motor Vehicle issued state ID card
- BCCC ID card with a current semester sticker
- High school ID (must have a picture, a date/year, and not be more than 3 years old)
- Government-issued passport, passport card, or U.S. Global Entry identification card
- Government-issued military or national identification card
- Tribal ID card
- Government-issued Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- College Board Student ID Form; must be prepared by the school you currently attend
Unacceptable ID Examples:
- Any document that does not meet the requirements
- Any document that is worn, torn, scuffed, scarred, or otherwise damaged
- Electronic document presented on a device
- Any document that appears tampered with or digitally altered
- Any document that bears a statement such as "not valid as identification"
- Credit or debit card of any kind, even one with a photograph
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Employee ID card
- Missing Child ("ChildFind") ID card
- Any temporary ID card
A pencil and scrap paper will be provided. No other materials will be allowed in the Test Center.
How long does Accuplacer take?
The test is not timed.
When will I receive my Accuplacer results?
You will receive ONE copy of your results immediately after completing the Accuplacer Tests. Your scores are valid for 2 years from the test date.
How many times can I take the Accuplacer?You may take each portion of the Accuplacer two times. You must wait 48 hours from the first attempt before presenting for the second attempt. It is highly encouraged that students review for the test before each attempt. BCCC will use the highest score from each attempt to determine your placement.