Computer Literacy Test
Computer Literacy is the ability to understand and use computer software and functions to efficiently perform work on computers and related technology. A computer-literate person should possess basic skills in Windows operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentations, among many other common applications.
All BCCC students must meet the College’s computer literacy requirement in order to receive a degree or a certificate. Students can meet this requirement in three ways:
- By enrolling in one of the majors listed below.
- By taking one of the computer courses listed below and passing with a “C” or better.
- By passing the College’s Computer Literacy Test with a minimum grade of 70%.
Majors that satisfy the Computer Literacy Requirement:
- Office Administration
- Business Administration
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Information Systems
- Fashion Design
- Health Information Technology
Courses that satisfy the Computer Literacy Requirement:
- BUAD 112: Computers for Business Management
- BCAP 104: Introduction to Operating Systems
- BCAP 155: Word Processing for Business Applications
- CADD 101: Introduction to CADD
- CISS 109: Principles of Computer Information Systems
- CLT 100: Computer Literacy
- CSC108: Programming in C
- FASH 202: Computer-Aided Pattern Design
- HIT 232: Computer Applications in Health Care
- HIT 251: Health Care Management and Supervision
- OFAD 119: Word Processing Applications I
The word processing computer literacy exam consists of a rough draft of a report. The test measures the student’s ability to use the appropriate basic and advanced word processing functions, including editing and formatting changes.
It is essential you know the proper way to perform these editing functions:
Bold Block indent Center
Text copy function Delete Underline
Hard page break Hard return Insert
Text Move function Printing Spell check
To schedule an appointment for the Computer Literacy test, please click here. Instructions on how to schedule your exam can be obtained from the "How to register" tab once you click on the link above. Confirmation of your scheduled test date and time will be emailed to you.
Exam Day Requirements for Students
Please review the Test Center Policies link located on the left side of the page for ID requirements and other important test day information.