The Office of Student Accounting is pleased to announce that the 1098-Ts for the calendar year 2020 are now available to all eligible students through Heartland/ECSI. The 1098-T form provides information regarding the payments made during the calendar year towards qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE).
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires all colleges and universities to request SSNs or ITINs from enrolled students in order to comply with Form 1098-T reporting requirements that pertain to educational tax credits (pursuant to the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997).
The benefits to receiving electronic notification are:
- Provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online access eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected, or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online access is easy and secure.
- Students can access their 1098-T form while traveling or away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically, click on the link below and follow the simple instructions to sign up!
- Visit https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/access/eConsent
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the web form.
- Check the box and click submit.
Please visit Heartland/ECSI at https://heartland.ecsi.net/ for any questions related to their 1098-T statement.
For additional information, please consult IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education. 2
Always consult with a tax advisor to determine which interest is tax deductible.
We appreciate your attention to this important matter and wish you the best in your academic endeavors!